Friday, January 29, 2021

WOOD AND DOTS - Jim Zeissler and Shirley Keller partnership 2020-21

 If you see anything described below, give me a call at 559-561-3463 and if it is still available, we can discuss price and how to get it to you. I ask customers to pay for shipping, if needed. And if you are within reach I have been known to deliver in person.

HEART TABLE 

Jim Zeissler made this table with repurposed wood. He gave to me to paint dots. I used the heart theme he used as design for table. Took around two weeks to paint. It is the first piece to be finished in our new year of 2021. As I painted I thought of LOVE and HOPE for this new year to end pandemic. I thought of LOVE and HOPE that the new administration will be able to address so many problems they face all at once, with grace and competency.

My husband grabbed this piece to display his plant in our living room. I smile.

PIANO STOOL - SOLD

The piano stool was the first piece Jim brought to me to paint. It sold within minutes of being posted on Facebook. I didn't even get to appreciate it. :) 

BLACK BOX - SOLD

Black backgrounds I learned to love in the Arts With Elders. "Do not be afraid to try all colors, especially black," said Darcie.

BROWN BOX - Sarah's birthday gift

10X6X4 Wooden box made by Jim and painted by me. 


SQUARE BOX - SOLD

Found a home very quickly after posting on Facebook.

HANGING SHELF - SOLD
This piece was commissioned for color and hanging posts. 


BLUE WELCOME SIGN
13x7x1

BURGUNDY WELCOME SIGN
16x7x1

Both of these welcome signs began years ago when Jim found the metal welcome signs some place in his travels. He had no idea what to do with them, nor the time to do anything with them if he had an idea. So they lay in a pile in his workshop for years until he recently retired. He decided to play with wood and these two beauties are the result, using recycled wood from another pile.

RECTANGLE BOX
12x6x5.5
Rectangle box awaits a home. Kellogg Monkey Flowers live along highway 140 into Yosemite Valley during spring according to the Wildflowers of the Sierra Nevada and Central Valley  by Laird R. Blackwell. We have other colors of monkey flowers in our foothills but my eye caught these and couldn't resist. 

HALF TABLE
25"Tx19"Wx10.5"deep
This half table was made by Jim, and I painted it. This is one of my most favorite pieces so far. Then I always feel that way with the last piece I made. Turquoise is my favorite color and the black background pops it so beautifully, I guess I cannot help loving the piece. Dots used to make areas that remind me of beaded jewelry.

No comments: