Sunday, July 26, 2009

Photo Shoot Day - Visalia, CA

I had a wonderful day with photographer's in Visalia, California. This was a day shared across the country in many cities. 50 of us met at the Fox Theater. We walked around 2 miles, stopping at other historical sites: The Ben Maddox Bed and Breakfast, St. Mary's Catholic Church, Arts Visalia, and past the oldest building in Visalia, now a church, down Main Street, to end at Vintage Press Restaurant for those who were still with the gang to share photos on computers. Ron Holman graciously hosted us. Meeting so many people with interest in photography was thrilling. We sent in two photos each to compete in a contest that will be judge in August. I'll post some of the images I took, that I liked best.

Not long ago I went to Manhattan, camera in hand, and spent three days capturing the excitement of the big city. As I walked through the streets of Visalia, I decided this day to really "see" what was in front of me. I hope you enjoy the results.

No comments: